How do you keep up with your social media marketing strategy every single day? We all have days where it feels like there’s just not enough time to get every single thing done.
When these days occur we usually prioritize what needs to be done, hence leaving some things out. One of the biggest things that get pushed to the side is social media.
The number one aspect of your marketing strategy has to be consistency. From writing optimized blog posts to publishing content on social media, this is the key ingredient.
So of all things, it should never be pushed aside. Below is an example of an emergency social media marketing strategy for days when there aren’t enough minutes to get everything done.
This is one of those quick fixes that’s specific for situations where you’re pressed for time.
Putting Your Social Media Marketing Strategy on Steroids
Remember, this isn’t a permanent solution. Use this on days when your time is very limited. Most businesses really should dedicate at least an hour a day just for social media interaction.
This includes marketing and building relationships to become known as an ‘influencer.’ The main point is consistency and 20 minutes is far better than skipping one day just because you’re too busy.
Choose a high-resolution image. A great place to choose images is Morguefile because there are tons you can copy, use and adapt without showing attribution. Look in the free section and make sure that each photo you copy says this:
“You are allowed to copy, distribute, transmit the work and to adapt the work. Attribution is not required. You are prohibited from using this work in a stand alone manner.”
- Choose the statement or quote you’d like to include in the image and insert it. You can use Canva for this task.
- Write your post out and include a link to an article, product or landing page. Make sure to include curated content as well through your posts.
- Post, or schedule the time you want it posted in software like Buffer.
Begin by retweeting and thanking those that have acknowledged or mentioned you in the past 24 hours. You can find all these information faster with TweetDeck.
The most important thing, especially on a full day, is not to get distracted. Stick to this rapid social media marketing strategy for today. Keep your focus completely honed in:
- Aim to Tweet 10 links to articles and products for your business.
- If you have a program like Buffer, you can schedule varied times in which the tweets go live.
- Try to use the 80/20 rule with Twitter. Dedicate 80% to others and 20% to your business. Reciprocity is always the cheapest method of advertising on platforms like Twitter.
Make sure you have an active personal and business account. Especially when it comes to business opportunities, LinkedIn is a great place to get connected to the right people.
For your marketing strategy here’s the short list of activities you need to each day:
- Share or post something related to your business or products.
- Share one article you find in your feed.
- Comment and like 3-4 posts in your main feed from connections.
- Comment in at least one group. Since you’re pressed for time today, realize your comment needs to be short and sweet. You’ll get better at this over time.
To not end up relying on this strategy too often here are a few hacks that will make the social media aspects of your marketing strategy work smoothly.
- Find and download images for your Facebook posts once a week.
- Research quotes and links once a week and put them in a spreadsheet or Word document for quick retrieval.
- Optimize the posts for specific Keywords with Squirrly once a week when you write down all the messages.
- Keep your links organized, so it’s easier to share content when needed.
- Use software like Buffer, MeetEdgar or CoSchedule to make sure your accounts are always posting great content. And then focus on the interactions of the accounts manually.
Still Pressed For Time?
It might be necessary to begin delegating some things to outside sources. Consider hiring a content marketing agency to help you with your social media publishing and for writing your articles.
We can also teach you a few tricks to make the most out of your social media time. Just sign-up for free for the 10.000 unique visitors to find out how to leverage social media for traffic.
Latest posts by Irina Pogor (see all)
- This is Why You will Win, if You Buy Articles for Your Website - May 12, 2020
- How a High Content Blog Will Improve Your Sales - May 12, 2020
- How To Set Up Your Personal Brand Creation In 5 Easy Steps - May 7, 2020